Welcome to the New Year! With this comes new challenges, but that’s ok here at Z&F! Let me introduce our latest success in the form of delightfully delicious banana muffins! They’re packed with fibre and protein to give you a real boost a breakfast time. Think of these muffins as the gluten free alternative to porridge oats! Now I know what you’re thinking some people can tolerate oats but for those who can’t this is pretty much the completely gluten free cousin of the porridge oat.
Unbeknown to some, buckwheat is more closely related to Rhubarb than any other plant :0 ,mock shock here> but I feel it’s a largely underestimated superhero of the superfood and gluten free world. This is because it has so many other benefits which I’ll introduce over the next few weeks.
I really like the balance of maple syrup and banana here as they take away from the slight nuttiness of that comes with the buckwheat. This is just a basic recipe though- more flavours will be coming soon!
Happy Beautiful day,
Makes 2 (experimental muffins)
8tbsp buckwheat flakes, ground to a meal
8tsp maple syrup
1 really ripe banana
4tsp coconut oil
- Mash the banana until it’s a smooth puree.
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until you have a smooth and lump free batter
- Divide the mixture into 2 muffin holes
- Bake at 160c for 30-35 mins or until you can smell them (that means they’re usually baked)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Et voila. Your gorgeous breakfast muffins are complete 😀
Happy Beautiful Day,