So, after lots of emails between many of you (which I’d humbly like to say THANK YOU for!) I’ve come up with the perfect xmas cake. It’s been a long time in the making (or at least it feels like it haha) but I can’t say enough to do it justice. In case you’re wondering, this is more of a blondie version of the xmas cake as traditionally, the dark muscavado sugar would give this cake it’s colour. I strongly recommend leaving it to fully cool before you set into it as this will give time for the palm sugar to cool and fully solidify. Anyway without further ado, I bring you my cheerful vegan and gluten free Christmas cake xx
Makes 2 small xmas cakes (muffin size)
50g dried vine fruit (I used sultanas)
1tbsp orange squash dilted with enough water to cover the vine fruits
1 small carrot, finely grated
1 tbsp apple sauce
25g glace cherries, quartered
1-2 tbsp buckwheat meal (I use buckwheat flakes and process them to a flour)
- Cove the vine fruits with the squash mixture and allow to soak overnight.
- Add the buckwheat meal and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl
- Pour into a tin lined with baking paper or a silicone mould and bake at 160 for 20-30 mins.
- The mixture will still look wet when it comes out but will solidify as it cools.
- Et voila your Christmas cake mix is complete!
Happy Beautiful day everyone,