Hiya lovely readers,
Today, I’ve made a conscious decision to go vegan (I’ll discuss this more in an article soon!) as part of Veganuary. Yes, I know I’m starting early but hey- it’s nice to get ahead sometimes right?! XD As part of my lifestyle change, I’ve decided to follow a diet that is as pure and natural as possible. From the food we eat to the clothes we wear it’s all interlinked. Anyway, I’m getting side tracked a little. This is my recipe for vegan avocado butter which is SUPER DUPER simple! I like things that are easy sometimes haha. I recommend hass avocados if you can get them (this is just a type of avacoado) as they’re super creamy and often ripen faster than others so you can have avocado butter with anything. And seeing as it a pretty neutral flavour, you will be trust me!
½ a really ripe avocado
Splash lemon juice (concentrated from a bottle is perfectly fine) #
Salt and pepper to season
1-2 slices toast (depending how hungry you are)
- Cut the avocado in half (be careful of the stone). I like to push my knife as far into the avocado as far as it’ll go and then run my knife around the circumference.
- Once this is complete simple twist the avocado halfs in opposite directions.
- To remove the stone, simply scoop it out with a spoon.
- Add the lemon juice and season to taste
- You’ll then have a lovely green creamy flesh to spread all over your toast.
- Et voila creamy butteyness at its best!
Alternatives and add-ons:
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds for a slightly crunchy twist
- Top with crispy fried mushrooms or a fabulous recipe from our Zest Quest (recipe coming soon!)
Happy Beautiful day everyone,