My perfect Saturday night treat is a good thin and crispy pancake. While I like these American ones for breakfast, I prefer the thin crepes for a treat as they’re much more delicate. I use a pinch of sugar in these as it essentially it replicates what happens in a ‘normal’ pancakes when it turns brown. Only a pinch should do and it won’t affect the taste.
(Serves 2) 3 pancakes each- 20cm diameter
100g gluten free flour (I like rice flour the best)
Enough milk to make a thin batter (about 300mls)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and give it a really good whisk. This is good for releasing tension!
- Heat a pan and use an oil spray to spray about 3 pumps of oil into the pan…this is a diet after all ;P
- Pour about 3 tbsp of the mixture into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side
- Using a spatula or fish slice, push the edges of the pancake away from the pan ready for the big flip!
- If you’re feeling brave…shuffle the pancake away from you slightly and then go for it and flip it big!
- If you’re not as brave…use a fish slice and insert under the pancake as far as the fish slice will allow and then flip it over in one quick motion…don’t worry the first pancake will probably be the worst but by the final one you should be a master! 😀
- This is where I need your help fabulous Zest Questers! I’m yet to discover the ultimate chocolate or caramel topping. Please can you help?! Ideally these will be vegan and free from gluten wheat and dairy. Please send your recipes in the form below. THANK YOU
Happy Beautiful day folks,