As you’ll see from an earlier blog I made the tasty mouthfuls that were both nutritious and delicious!
For breakfast I wanted something that was quick but would keep me going until lunchtime and so I’ve teamed up with Revolution foods to bring you these beauties! All you’ll need is a handful of ingredients to create some truly tasty morsels. You can read more about this fabulous company here and also buy their products here
So here comes the recipe:
a small frying pan
1tbsp veg oil
25g revolution vanilla-chocolate protein powder
1 tsp maple syrup
a splash of milk ( I like Koko dairy free the best!)
veg oil in a squirty bottle
For the chocolate sauce:
1tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 tsp maple syrup
1tbsp raw cocoa powder
splash soya milk
diary free cream
How to make the magic happen:
1. heat the pan on a low heat and add 2 squirts of veg oil.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large jug- the consistency should be like a thin batter- similar to single cream.
3. Spoon dessert spoon fulls of the mixture into the frying pan and leave for a couple of minutes until they turn golden brown.
4. Flip with a spatula or something fairly flat
5. For the chocolate sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl until you have the desired consistency.
6. Serve the good way:
with a touch of maple syrup on the side and peaches.
OR Serve the naughty way:
sandwiched with almond butter, maple syrup and strawberries or peaches and a generous serving of chocolate sauce as you’ll see from instagram: #katie_zestandfresh
lots of love,
CEO Zest and Fresh