Hi everyone, welcome to the start of my highly exciting Zest Quest Café! With this comes the first recipe, one of my all time favourites- chicken pie! This will be the first of an installment of recipes designed to get to happy cooking in the kitchen whether it be with friends, family or just on your own! I’ve included everything you’ll need to make this recipe which can easily be halved or doubled for extras! More recipes coming soon so watch this space.
CEFO Zest and Fresh.
1 quantity of gluten free pastry (recipe coming soon!)
1 chicken breast
½ tsp garlic granules
1tbsp flavourless oil (like sunflower)
½ chicken stock cube
1 tbsp thyme
300ml dairy free milk
1 bay leaf
Pinch ground pepper
Pinch ground salt
- Make the pastry
- Brown the chicken in the oil along with the garlic granules
- While the chicken is browning measure out the milk.
- Once the chicken has browned, turn off the heat and heat the milk with the bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- The milk should just start to simmer before you turn it off
- Remove the bay leaf and pour the sauce over the chicken
- Allow to cool a little
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- While the filling is cooling roll out the pastry and line your pastry tin. (more coming soon on how to roll your pastry so it doesn’t break!)
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins
- Et voila. Chicken pie at it’s finest!
Would love to know how your chicken pies come along- follow me on instagram @zestyqueen48
Happy Beautiful day everyone,
CEO Zest and Fresh